Boeuf Bourguignon means "ox burgundy" and is a traditional dish of the French cuisine whose main ingredients are beef and red wine, although it also has garlic, onions in large pieces, bacon, etc. In the same way as any meat stew, it needs slow cooking so that the result is as expected. If you want to know how to make boeuf bourguignon And try this delicious stew, pay attention to the step by step of this recipe.Low difficulty Ingredients:
- 6-7 small purple and / or white onions
- 4 beef or beef steaks (about 350 grams)
- 2 heaped tablespoons of wheat flour
- 2 slices of smoked bacon
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1 cup of wine
- Olive oil
Begins cleaning the meat, since it will have enough fat on the top and you must remove it with the help of a knife. Then, cut the meat into pieces about 2 centimeters long and wide, like a cube, and season with salt and pepper. Put the flour on a plate and pass each piece of meat through it, removing the excess of it by patting it.2
In a deep pot put olive oil, like 2 or 3 tablespoons, let it heat over high heat. When it's smoking, put the meat but without it being too much because we don't want the oil to drop in temperature. If you have to do several batches until finished, do not worry. Do not move the meat, let it brown and, when you see it golden brown, turn and cook it on the other side. It will not take more than 3 minutes depending on the size of the meat cubes.3
Seal all the meat and set aside. Next, cut the onions into halves and put the bacon in the pot. Stir a little so that all the ingredients take on the taste of others.4
When the bacon is lightly cooked (about 3 minutes over high heat), Add the onions. and mix a little so that they separate. Saute a little so that they take color, separate and soften, it will be enough with about 4 minutes.5
Now, add the meat sealed, the broth and the wine. Add a little salt and pepper and mix. Turn the heat up and let it boil. When it reaches this point put the fire very low, cover and let cook at that temperature for about 3 hours. Go every half an hour to take a look and remove it to prevent the ingredients from sticking in the bottom of the pot.6
After that time, the Boeuf Bourguignon It will be ready to serve, you can accompany it with some baked potatoes.7
When preparing this special meat stew recipe, you can consider the following recommendations:
- Try using a good quality meat cut, especially if you want cooking to be a little faster. If you decide to choose meat to cook, which is a harder cut, then cook at least 4 hours because the ideal is that the meat falls apart when you go to eat it.
- Use a good quality wine that will give almost all the flavor to this dish.
- The broth can be cubed, so we have done in this case and it has been perfect.
- If you want you can add other vegetables, but this dish is prepared with onions and nothing else.
- Important: when you add the wine and the broth, to finish scrape the bottom with the spoon that you are using because there will be all the flavor.
If you want to read more articles similar to How to make Boeuf Bourguignon, we recommend that you enter our Recipes category.